Fun Facts You Might Not Know About Lake of the Ozarks!
There is no doubt that the Lake of the Ozarks is a gorgeous place to live or visit. The Lake of the Ozarks is the #1 recreational lake in the US and we are proud that the Regalia Hotel & Conference Center is located here. Whether you’ve visited the area frequently, just a couple of times, or plan to visit us soon, there may be some information you don’t know about the Lake. Today, our luxury hotel at the Lake of the Ozarks would like to share with you some fun facts about the Lake of the Ozarks!
- Approximately 3.5 million tourists visit the Lake of the Ozarks during the summer months from Memorial Day to Labor Day. If you’ve never been to the Lake Area before, it’s time to book your trip! With all those visitors, it’s clear that people love coming down to our beautiful area!
- The Lake of the Ozarks is much larger than most people think. The lake runs 92 miles end to end!
- The Lake of the Ozarks State park is the largest park in Missouri with 17,741 acres. The Lake of the Ozarks State Park is free for the public to enjoy with plenty of hiking trails, lake access, swimming, fishing, and more!
- There is approximately 1,150 miles of shoreline, which makes the Lake of the Ozarks longer than the coastline of California!
- The surface area of the lake is approximately 61,000 square miles
- The deepest point in the lake is approximately 130 feet deep.
- The Lake of the Ozarks holds roughly 617 billion gallons of water.
- The Lake of the Ozarks is a manmade lake and when it was completed in 1931 by Union Electric Co. It was the largest man-made lake in the United States.
- When the lake was built by building Bagnell Dam, it cost approximately $30 million to build, which equates to nearly $360 million in today’s money.
- Originally, the lake was built to supply electricity to St. Louis but later evolved into the top reactional lake in the United States. Today, Ameren Electric owns Bagnell Damn and it is still a working electricity plant.
- 20,000 workers worked for two years to finish the construction of Bagnell Dam.
- Bagnell Dam in 2,543 feet long.
Book Your Stay With Us at The Regalia Hotel!
If you’re looking for a fun vacation, book your stay with us at The Regalia Hotel & Conference Center! We are conveniently located near top attractions and we have plenty of amenities to keep you busy on our property like our outdoor swim up bar. Now is a great time to book your getaway to the beautiful Lake of the Ozarks and we are just a short drive from Kansas City and St.Louis. Visit our website to book your stay or give us a call at 573-723-300!
Perfect Setting for Your Vacation, Meeting, or Conference
250 Racquet Club Dr.
Lake Ozark, Missouri, 65049
Main Phone: +1 573-723-3000Main Fax: +1 573-723-3001
Visit us at: www.TheRegaliaHotel.com